New version of CAVA 1.28.3 for CATIA V5 available
March 28, 2017
CAVA - TechniaTranscat’s solutions for car design and legal compliance is now available in the new version 1.28.3.
CAVA 1.28.3 delivers many new and enhanced function in the areas of safety of occupants and pedestrians, Overall Vehicle Architecture and Vision Analysis.
- A new feature in CAVA simplifies the complex radius measurement with the kneeform template required in the lower interior area acc. ECE R21 (5.2). It provides a process-safe solution for the otherwise high effort and error-prone manual calculation by the designer.
- In the Safety module a new function will support the designer in the task of measuring the height of folds in body panels ECE R-26 (6.9)
- The feature to analyze the vision field in 3D now supports cameras and can be used to show the camera’s field of vision on defined target surfaces. This way it is possible to evaluate the effect of the mounting position of the cameras on the field of view.
More news and improvements in CAVA 1.28.3
CAVA Overall Vehicle Architecture
- Crash Barriers – Calculation of qualifying bumper beam height and overlap to barrier (RCAR 2006 Test Procedure)
- Lamp Position Check visibility of direction indicator lamps acc. ECE R-48
- Pedestrian protection: NCAP 8 – Calculation of head impactor touch and center points and improved reporting function.
- Minimum Radius Interior
- Extended methods to calculate the head impact zone
- Projection measurement with the „Two sphere method” (ECE R-21 and ECE R-26)
Detailed information can be found online.